In less than a week, Darien Long has gone from a celebrated security guard with a worldwide online following to being charged with assault and battery at the very place he says he tried to protect.
In the past week, Long has been charged with assault and battery in two separate instances. In an interview with All News 106.7's Trey Thomas, Long denied the accusations in both cases.
The former Metro Mall manager and security guard says he warned both men to not come back, and hopes the video he recorded on the two cameras he usually wore will exonerate him.
(CLICK THE VIDEO ABOVE TO WATCH FOOTAGE FROM LONG'S CAMERAS)
In one of the case Long is charged in, Marcus Purnell claims Long assaulted him. Long showed FOX 5 video that he says showed Purnell being told to leave the mall on Feb. 7. Long says Purnell returned to the mall the next day, which is when the alleged incident took place.
"You know, I did what I did I don't make any apologies for it," Long said.
Long was not charged in that case until last week.
Long asked the judge for a probable cause hearing, and was given an April 4 court date. The judge warned him to stay away from his victims or he could face stalking charges and not be granted bond.
Long says he plans to ask for a jury trial if it comes to that.