1. Employees of New World Communications of Atlanta, Inc. owner of television station WAGA FOX 5 ("WAGA FOX 5"), (Sponsor") FOX Television Stations, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
2. You must be 13 years of age or older to vote.
1. Begins September 1, 2012 and ends December 11, 2012.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
3. Each Saturday during the contest period, FOX 5 personnel will select five high school sports teams to nominate for "Team of the Week" from high schools within the fifty-five counties of the FOX 5 viewing area: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Butts Carroll, Chattooga, Cherokee, Clarke, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dawson, Dekalb, Douglas, Fannin, Fayette, Floyd, Forsyth, Fulton, Gilmer, Gordon, Greene, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Jackson, Jasper, Lamar, Lumpkin, Madison, Meriwether, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Paulding, Pickens, Pike, Polk, Putnam, Rabun, Rockdale, Spalding, Towns, Troup, Union, Upson, Walton, White, Cleburne (AL), Randolph (AL), and Clay (NC) ("FOX 5 viewing area"). The team will be selected based on popularity, compelling performance and/or the most interesting performance history. Those five teams will be posted on high5sports.com at 1:00 am and viewers will be asked to vote for their favorite.
4. You can cast your vote from 1:00 AM each Saturday through 3:00 PM each Tuesday by computer at www.high5sports.com. Select your preferred team and fill out the CAPTCHA box for your vote to be recorded. There is no limit to the number of votes cast online. All voting must be manual. No bots or other automated voting is allowed. You can also vote via text message, but you can only text up to 3 votes per hour per cell phone number.
5. In order to vote via text messaging, send a text message to 78015 with the keyword, TEAM 1, TEAM 2, TEAM 3, TEAM 4 OR TEAM 5, in the body of the message. All text message entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the giveaway using the text messaging method. Entrants will be sent a text message to confirm entry into the giveaway and another letting them know if they have won or lost. Entrants entering by text will be charged standard text messaging and data rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions of their wireless calling plan. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor's determination does not comply with these rules. Text HELP for information, STOP to quit. Entrants may receive 1 text message in response to their entry, which may include advertisements from advertisers. For technical questions call 1-877-571-0774; for all other customer service issues email firstname.lastname@example.org. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas; participating wireless carriers: Sprint, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile & AT&T only.
6. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor's determination does not comply with these rules.
7. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WAGA's giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If Sponsor determines, in Sponsor's sole discretion, that any IP address exhibits a voting pattern suggestive of any conduct violative of these rules, including but not limited to automated voting, then Sponsor shall have the right to block that IP address from further voting during the voting period and/or to eliminate the votes cast by that IP address. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the voting for the week, or, at its option, to select the winner for the week by alternate means, if, in Sponsor's sole discretion, the voting becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
8. At approximately 3:00 PM each Tuesday, the votes will be tallied and the team with the most votes will win the honor of "Team of the Week." In the event of a tie, Sponsor will select the winner by random drawing from among those tied. Voting totals reflected at the end of the poll are unofficial until a winner is announced on our website.
1. The winning team will receive up to thirty (30) T-shirts (ERV: $8.00) for the players only and a "Team of the Week" trophy (ERV: $250). Trophy and T-shirts provided by FOX 5.
2. The winning team will be notified by phone or email on or about the Tuesday that it is selected.
3. A winner's team may not substitute, transfer, or assign a prize, or redeem a prize for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
4. Winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
1. Odds of being nominated are 1:57.5. Once nominated, odds of winning the prize are 1 in 5.
2. These rules are available at www.high5sports.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30306 through December 11, 2012.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after December 11, 2012 to: WAGA FOX 5, "Team of the Week" contest, 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30306.
4. This poll is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
5. By participating, entrants represent that they agree (a) to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, and (b) to release Sponsors, they parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded hereunder.