So how do you make the perfect waffle? Waffold's Executive Chef David Chavez stopped by Good Day Atlanta to make some waffle sandwiches, and offered his tips for a perfect waffle!
1409 N Highland Avenue, NE
1. Get a good-quality, non-stick waffle iron
2. Heat to correct temperature
3. Pour batter to slightly cover surface
4. Cook until lightly crispy
5. Eat right away, while hot
Recipe for Vanilla Custard for creme brulee
4 full eggs
4 egg yolks
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 3/4cup sugar
1. Mix the eggs, egg yolks, extract, and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Scald milk to approx. 110 degrees. Create a double boiler. (Fill pot with warm water on stove at med heat).
3. Place the mixing bowl on top of the pot with water.
4. Add warm milk to egg mixture and stir with rubber spatula.
5. Continue to stir every two minutes.
6. Cook the mixture until it starts to thicken. Mixture should fold on top of itself.
7. Place bowl over ice bath and cool before storing.