Gwinnett County firefighters say two people made it out from a burning home on Little Mill Road in Buford on Tuesday. Crews say the house was fully engulfed when they arrived. They say the heat was so intense it melted the siding on two nearby homes, and firefighters worked to keep the flames from spreading. The people who escaped the flames say they heard a loud popping sound, and then saw the flames. Fire officials say a neighbor heard what appeared to be an explosion before discovering the fire.
Authorities say the house is a total loss.Gwinnett County fire officials say the fire started in the garage area of the home. What sparked the blaze is not known.
1551 Briarcliff Rd., NEAtlanta, GA 30306Main Number: (404) 875-5555News Tips: (404) 898-0100