With the FOX 5 Storm Alert iMapWeather Radio , you will receive critical voice and text alerts on life-threatening weather events. Your iPhone ® will "wake up" and also "follow you" with alerts wherever you go.
Listen to local weather forecasts while you are on the move. Enjoy the power of a NOAA Weather Radio, with all the convenience and precision of a smart phone. Winner of MediaPost's Appy Award in the weather category.
2012 brings a completely new application re-built from the ground up. We have made significant improvements to the app based on your reviews, feedback, and support inquiries. We appreciate your involvement!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APP!
• More Precise Alerts: iMap Weather Radio provides more accurate alerts than those offered by typical consumer alerting services. Most of these services will alert you to severe weather if you are in a county only partially covered by a watch or warning, even if you are not actually directly within the watch/warning. iMap Weather Radio ensures you receive an alert only if your device or saved locations fall inside a watch/warning box. That means you aren't disturbed by alarms not relevant to your location. You also have complete control over what types of alerts you receive through your app. Pick just the type of alerts you want from a list. For example, select only tornado warnings or just winter weather warnings.
• Follow Me: Follow me is a critical feature if you are on the go. Imagine you are driving through an area of adverse weather. This app will alert you if you are in an area when a watch/warning is issued, without you having to do anything. You don't have to stop and add a new location or query your device.
• Friends and Family: iMap Weather Radio can also save FIVE fixed locations in addition to your current position. This means you can make sure friends and family, at school, out of state, at a ballgame, etc., are safe.
• Battery Management: iMapWeather Radio uses iOS Location Services to strike a balance between location accuracy and battery usage. Background tracking will have some effect on overall battery life. You can control how much accuracy you want the application to use for your location and thus impact the battery management. You may turn off background tracking for battery conservation in the app settings. In this mode iMap Weather Radio will only utilize the GPS when the app is open.
• Audio: iMap Weather Radio provides audio alerts in the form of beeps followed by a brief description of the alert type. The audio could wake you in the middle of the night, or give you information you need when you can't stop to look at the phone. Furthermore, you can listen to the alerts and forecasts for your area at any time.
• Video: In markets where local media partners participate, you can view streaming video of severe weather coverage for up-to-the-minute information.
Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. is a weather content and technology partner for many major weather brands in the U.S. Weather is our business and weather safety is our passion. To round out your weather app collection, ensure you download our sister application, RadarScope, the most advanced Nexrad radar application in the App Store.
FOX 5 and WDT Inc. are trusted names in weather. That means you can count on us to create a top notch app and continue to improve it.
COST: $9.99 in the App Store℠
Learn more about iMapWeather Radio and receive update notifications and information:
Visit our support page for FAQs and questions: